How can Cupping help me?
Cupping therapy uses a vacuum in a glass or plastic cup to create suction on the surface of the body. Thisdraws up the muscles relaxing and releasing them. Cupping can be used for:
- Decrease or relieve pain and inflammation
- Release deep muscular issues
- Release and soften scar tissue
- Lift and stretch soft tissue
- Increased range of movement
- Open chest and lungs
- Improve circulation
- Drain lymph fluid, clear drainage pathways
- Sedate the nervous system
- Open energy flow of the body
- Dredging and clearing old residue (blood and solidified lymph from injuries, surgeries, and chronic movement patterns) out of the muscle and soft tissue — “milking the tissue".
What can cupping treat?
- Bursitis, Tendonitis and other inflammatory conditions
- Sluggish colon, IBS
- Stagnant lymph and edema
- Poor circulation
- Insomnia and anxiety
- Poorly nourished skin and muscle tissue
- Lung inflammation and congestion
- Migraine and headaches
- High blood pressure
- Asthma and pneumonia
- Neuralgia and rheumatism
- Pre- and post-operative conditions
- TMJ dysfunction
- Parkinson’s disease
- Chronic pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Athletic stress and injury
Does Cupping hurt?
No. The skin will not be damaged, and the red spots will fully disappear within 3 to 7 days. Sometimes after treatment the patient may feel stiff for a couple of days.
How does Cupping work?
In Western Medical understanding, Cupping therapy intentionally extravasates blood from the peripheral capillaries causing petechiae and sub-cutaneous blemishing (ecchymosis). It is not a capillary rupture like bruising, as it fades immediately if there are no problems in the area.
This encourages the replacement of stagnant blood with new blood flow to the muscles, tissues, and organs directly beneath the surface treated. Thus helping repair damaged cells effectively removing scar tissues and helping prevent repeat injuries due to weakness. It also promotes the production of more blood serum and encourages normal metabolic processes via lymph stimulation, thus improving the body’s immune system and speeding up recovery.